FUNDAMENTALS OF MANAGEMENT AND ENVIROMENT-CBM1
This module unit is enough to equip the trainee with the necessary knowledge and attitude that will enable him/her to understand the environment of a business and to carry out management function.
- By the end of this module unit the trainee should be able to:
- Appreciate the role of management in an organization.
- Discuss the functions of management.
- Appreciate the importance of upholding business ethics in an organization.
- Appreciate the need for organizations to engage in corporate social responsibility.
- Understand the environment in which organizations conduct business.
Module Unit Summary and Time Allocation
|15.2.01||Introduction to management||· Meaning of management
· Levels of management
· Types of management task
· Management Role
|15.2.02||Evolution of Management Thought||· Evolution of Management Thought
· Management theories
|15.2.03||Business Environment and Corporate Social Responsibility||· Meaning of business environment
· Types of business environment
· Meaning corporate social responsibility
· Organizations social responsibilities towards different group
|15.2.04||Business Ethics||· Meaning of management ethics
· Need for business ethics
· Source of business ethical standards
|15.2.05||Planning||· Meaning of planning
· Importance of planning
· Types of plans
· Process of planning
· Essentials of a good plan
· Challenges in planning
|15.2.06||Organizing||· Meaning of Organizing
· Process of organizing
· Organizational Structures
· Principles of organizing
· Decision making
|15.2.07||Directing/Leading||· Meaning of Terms
· Importance of motivating employees
· Theories of motivation
· Theories of Leadership
· Styles of leadership
· Components of coordination
· Role of Coordination
|15.2.08||Controlling||· Meaning of control
· Nature of control
· Essentials of a control system
· Types of controls
|15.2.09||Staffing||· Meaning of Staffing
· Activities in staffing
|15.2.10||Supervision||· Meaning of supervision
· Qualities of supervision
· Principles of supervision
|15.2.11||Office Management||· Meaning of office management
· Functions of an office
· Personnel in an office
|15.2.12||Administration and Management||· Definition of Administration
· Development and use of Manuals
· Relevance of Administration in policy formulation, decision-making and other operational activities
· Relationship between Administration and management
|15.2.13||Emerging issues and Trends in Fundamentals of Management and Environment||· Emerging issues and trends in Fundamental of management and Environment.
· Challenges posed by emerging issues and trends in fundamentals of management and Environment.
· Ways of coping with emerging issues and trends in Fundamentals of Management and Environment.