INSTRUCTIONS: ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
Section A (30 marks)
1. Spreadsheets are examples of _______________software.
2. Which one of the following key combination is used to cut selected text and save it to the clipboard ready to paste elsewhere?
3. Identify a feature in office applications that is part of the spell checker to correct common spelling or typing errors, saving time for the user.
A. Auto Format
C. Auto Change
D. Smart tags
4. Which one of the following is a cell reference that adjusts and change when copied for example using auto-fill such as SUM (B9:B15)?
5. __________________shows the different levels of headings as designated by the styles applied in your document.
A. Outline view
B. Notes page view
C. Slide sorter
D. Slide show
6. The left border, Right border and Center are part of horizontal alignment for Data in a cell.
7. Which one of the following key combination is used to open an existing power-point document?
A. Ctrl+ C
B. Ctrl+ O
C. Ctrl+ E
D. Ctrl+ U
8. _____________ function returns the correct position of sorted or unsorted data.
9. Which one of the following is a technology used to combine information from different applications into your tables in access?
A. Ole Object
C. Lookup Wizard
10. _______________refers to set of instructions started by the user, program, or operating system.
11. __________________is used to control the margins of your page and the indentation of paragraphs.
12. _____serves as a starting point for a new document in windows.
13. The introductory slide in a presentation is known as?
A. Main slide
B. Title slide
C. Bullet slide
D. Table slide
14. When ____________is pressed it moves the cursor to the beginning of a line?
B. Page Down
15. Which feature of a word processor is used to check synonyms of the text?
D. Mail merge
16. Which of the following is the method for increasing text to make it legible?
17. An intersection between a row and a column is known as?
18. Which of the following is produced using a publishing software?
19. Which of the following controls all information about the theme, layout, background, color, fonts, and positioning of all slides?
A. File settings
B. Main slide
C. Master slide
D. Settings file
20. A field that uniquely identifies a record is known as?
A. Primary key
B. Alternate key
C. Main record
D. Foreign key
21. Which of the following is true about default printer in a computer system?
A. The printer that prints all jobs unless specified.
B. Printer connected directly to a computer
C. Printer connected through a network
D. Plug and play printer
22. Which of the following is an input as well as output device?
A. Touch screen
23. Which one of the following accounts allow users to carry out tasks that require special permissions, such as installing software or renaming a computer?
A. Administrator account
B. Standard account
C. Guest account
D. Default account
24. __________________ is used to navigate the file system and manage the folders, sub-folders, and applications on storage media.
A. Internet explorer
D. File explorer
25. Which one of the following is a logical function that returns one return one value if a condition is true and another value if it’s false?
C. AND D. IF
26. Which of the following keys opens the help window?
27. Which one of the following uses is NOT associated with Excel? A. Financial analysis
B. Charting and graphing
C. Statistical Analysis
28. _________________ are animation-like effects that happen when you move from one slide to the next during a presentation.
A. Slide view
B. Slide show
C. Slide Sorter
D. Slide transitions
29. Which one of the following is used to select the objects that you want to have the same formatting in PowerPoint?
30. _______________is an Access object used to view, analyze, or modify data.
Consider the following information.
War and warfare
Causes of war
Types of war
Popular war equipment
Dealing with war
Causes of war
Types of war
Dealing with war
Talk about it.
Take care of yourself.
Limit exposure to images of the war
Ask for help.
1. Using a presentation software, enter the above information in a presentation software and name as “QUESTION TWO”. (15mks)
c) Apply a slide transition of your choice for the first two slides (2mks)
b) Create a diagram as shown below. (8mks)