HELB loan Repayment options and terms
A) HELB bank payment
All payments are payable to “Higher Education Loans Board”, by crossed cheque, Bankers draft, direct transfer, standing order, EFT or cash deposit to HELB collection A/C in any of the following banks:
– Citibank, Nairobi A/C No. 300 040 012
– Co-operative Bank, University way A/C No. 011-296 122 2800,
– Barclays Bank, Barclay’s plaza A/C No. 077-501 8216,
– Kenya Commercial Bank, University-way A/C No. 1103 266 314,
– Standard Chartered Bank, Koinange street A/C No. 010 801 826 4700
– Equity Bank A/C No. 055-029 357 3408
– National Bank of Kenya Harambee Avenue A/C No.010 016 039 1100
B) Payment with HELB mpesa paybill number
To repay the helb loan via MPESA, you should enter HELB business number as 200800 or Airtel Money, please enter nickname as HELB. Your national ID number is account number. You will instantly receive confirmation via SMS.
– Choose the paybill option
– Type in 200800 (HELB mpesa paybill number)
– Use your national ID number as your account number
– Specify the amount you want to repay
– Type in your PIN number
– Confirm the transaction
HELB loan disbursement status – Helb Loan Status
In order to check HELB loan status, you will need to visit the helb student portal. Once you perform the helb portal login, you will be able to get the necessary information.
Enquiries – Helb Enquiries
For any other kind of inquiries, please visit – helb.co.ke/enquiries/. You will be asked to fill in all the fields, and give truthful information about yourself. In the “Your Message” field, type the question you would like to ask.
HELB contacts – helb contact numbers, website and email
– HELB Physical Address : University Way, Anniversary Towers, 18th Floor.
– Postal Address: P.O. Box 69489 – 00400, NAIROBI, Kenya.
– Telephones: +254 711 052 000; 020 2278000.
– HELB website: http://www.helb.co.ke/
– HELB portal: https://portal.helb.co.ke/
– General helb loan repayment queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Remittance (for employers): email@example.com
– Start payment: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Helb Statement queries: email@example.com
– Request for helb clearance: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Request helb refund: email@example.com
– Alternative helb loans queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
HELB loans Kenya Student FAQ
Q: How frequently will HELB send loan statements?
A: You can check out your loan statement anytime at helb website www.helb.co.ke
Q: What repayment options does HELB offer?
A: HELB offers check off system, credit card, standing order, cash/cheque deposits to HELB Account.
Q: How is it possible to make repayments from abroad?
A: Credit card or Direct Transfer to HELB account number 300 040 012, Citibank Nairobi. Swift code CITIKENA
Q: What happens if I don’t repay the loan?
A: Defaulters will be penalized (min Ksh 5000 for each month)
Q: Can I repay my loan in one installment?
A: Yes.HELB will no charge extra fees for early repayment.
Q: What are ledger fees?
A: Ledger fees are charged to maintain your helb account.
Q: What happens once I repay my loan in full?
A: HELB will issue a clearance certificate.
Q: How can HELB know my whereabouts?
A: You must report your place of residence to HELB within one year of completion of your studies or face a penalty.
Q: What should I do in case of overpayment?
A: HELB will return the overpayment.
Q: How long will it take to get a refund from HELB?
A: HELB reserves a maximum of one month to handle your refund request.
Q: Can interest be discarded for Muslims?
A: No. In order to receive a helb loan you must agree to all terms and conditions.