Step 1. HELB registration
In order to apply for a helb loan, it is necessary to register at the helbportal first. Follow these steps for successful helb account creation:
1. Open a web browser (Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, internet explorer etc)
2. Visit the helb loan portal www.helb.co.ke (don’t confuse it with www.helb.com)
3. Select a product and click on it. You will be forwarded to the helb student portal.
4. Select “Register” and type in the necessary information (First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, ID Number, Valid Email Address, Password) Click on “Sign Up” and get an activation link to your email address
5. Access your personal email address and click on the HELB portal activation link.
6. After being forwarded to the HELB page, log in to your personal account.
7. Fill in your personal and residence details and click “Save”
8. You are ready to apply for the HELB loan, HELB bursary or HELB scholarship
Step 2. Know the HELB loan application requirements
HELB applicants need to have the following documents and information in order to apply for a HELB loan:
1. National Identification Card copy . HELB staff will use your ID to identify as an applicant. It is also required when creating a new helb account at the helb potal.
2. Valid bank account . HELB will credit your helb bank account before the beginning of each semester. HELB applicants are advised to provide helb bank details of one of the the following banks: National Bank of Kenya, Kenya Commercial Bank, Cooperative Bank of Kenya, Kenya Post Office Savings Bank (Postbank), Equity Bank.
3. Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) pin. Used by HELB board to track its borrowers.
4. Your Parent (s)/ guardian particulars: name, marital status, level of education, source of income, employee details, current pay slip and employee No. (if employed).
5. Your Parents Death certificate (for orphans).
6. Letter of admission to the educational institution (or its copy).
7. Copies of two guarantors’ Identification Cards
8. Three colored passport size photographs
Step 3. HELB loan application forms and HELB application process
Once, you have completed your HELB registration (see step 1), click on the helb portal log in button. You will be redirected to the main page of the website, where you will be able to choose the needed HELB application. There you will find different application forms for different helb products
HELB application forms for non-salaried applicants
1. Undergraduate First Time Applicants
2. Undergraduate Second and Subsequent
3. Undergrad Loan Review/Appeals
4. Constituency Loan Application Forms Embu
5. Constituency Loan Application Forms Tinderet
6. Constituency Loan Application Forms Naivasha
7. Constituency Loan Application Forms Igembe
8. Constituency Loan Application Forms Karachuonyo
9. Constituency Loan Application Forms Awendo
10. TVET for Tertiary Institutions
11. TVET for Tertiary Institutions Second and Subsequent
12. Afya Elimu Fund (AEF) Subsequent Loan Application
13. First Time and Subsequent Afya Elimu Fund Pre-Service
14. Visa Oshwal Scholarship
HELB application forms for salaried applicants
1. Alternative Loans for Undergraduate, Salaried Applicants
2. Alternative Loans for Postgraduate, Salaried Applicants
3. Postgraduate Scholarship
4. Training Revolving Fund (TRF) for Civil Servants
5. KRA Staff Loan Application Form How do you apply for HELB loan? Helb form application process
How do you apply for HELB loan? Helb form application process
1. Visit the official website – www.helb.co.ke.
2. You will be also asked to read all the HELB Financial Literacy literature and complete every point of the registration.
3. Once you have completed the HELB students login process, select the needed application form and fill in all the required fields.
4. Now you will have to download and print two copies of the filled in application.
5. The copies will have to be properly filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
6. Put your signature on the application form, and attach all the required documents. You will find the full list of the dicuments on the last page of the LoanApplication Form.
7. One copy of your properly filled in application form with the documents should be sent to one of the following HELB offices – Nairobi, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru,Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu, Machakos, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru, Kitui, Kericho, Nandi [Kapsabet], Thika, Garissa, Migori, Chuka and Kitale for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Office. Or you can present it at HELB Student Centre on Mezzanine One [M1], Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi.
8. The second copy should be kept safely at home.