ORGANISATIONAL THEORY AND BEHAVIOR(170 HRS)
This module is intended to equip the trainee with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable him/her understand a behavioural patterns of individuals in the organisation .
By the end of this module unit, the trainee should be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of organizational behavior .
- Understand organizational and behavioral processes.
- Manage behavioral aspects of stress and conflicts.
- Manage behavioral aspects of stress and conflicts
- Appreciate emerging issues and trends in behavior that affect organisation.
Module Unit Summary and Time Allocation
|Code||Sub-Module Units||Content||Time (Hours)|
|18.3.1||Introduction to organizational behavior||· Definition of organizational behavior
· The scope of organisational behaviour
· Organisation behaviour models.
· Theories of organizational behaviour
· Effects of organizational behaviour and organizational efffectiveness
|18.3.2||Individual behavior in an organisation||· Meaning of individual behaviour
· Factors that influence individual behaviour
· Process of group of decision making
· Effects of group behaviour on organisationaql effectivess
· Ways of dealing with dysafactional group behaviour in organizational.u
|18.3.3||Group behaviour.||· Factors that lead to group formation
· Types of group
· Stages in group formation.
· Factors affecting group performance
· Process of group decision making
· Effects of group behaviour on organizational effectiveness
· Ways of dealing with dysactiontiol group in behaviour in an organisation
|18.3.4||Organizational design and structure||· Definition of terms
· Factors considered in designed organisatiohal structure
· The process of organisation design
· Types of organisation structures
Impact of design on organizational behaviour
|18.3.5||Organization development||· The concept of organisation development
· The process of organization development
· Factors that necessate organization development
· Methods of organization development
· Challenges to organization development
· Managingorganazation development challenges.
|18.3.6||Management of conflict||· Meaning of conflict
· Causes of conflicts in an organization
· Types of conflicts in an organisation
· Methods of handling conflicts
· Role of organization members in handling conflicts
· Challenges in managing conflict in an organisation
|18.3.07||Management of stress||· Meaning of stress
· Causes of stress in an organization
· Effects of stress on an organisation’s operations
· Consequences of organizational change.
· Reasons for resistance to change
· Methods of implementing organizational change
· Monitoring and evaluating efficiency of a distribution system
· Challenges in devising and evaluating distribution system
|16.2.08||Emerging Trends and Issues in organizational behaviour||· Emerging issues an trends in orgation behaviour||18|